Semushkin Aleksandr Vladimirovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of welding, casting production and materials sciences, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia, email@example.com
Kozlov Gennadiy Vasil'evich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, dean of the faculty of advanced studies and additional education, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), GVK@yandex.ru
Arkhipov Nikita Olegovich, Student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. An important quality indicator of castings, obtained by metal mold casting, is the surface condition thereof. The mosten often surface defect is a score. The work is aimed at determining mathematical dependencies between casting parameters and score size on casting’s surface.
Materials and methods. The authors developed physical and mathematical models of score occurrence on castings and of surface roughness occurrence on castings, obtained by die casting. To solve the problem of score occurrence on castings the authors used the method of construction of bursting kinematicly possible schemes of casting material’s plastic flow. In development of the physical and mathematical model of castng’s surface roughness formation the researchers considered the following stages: melt flowing into mold score; kish sinterskin occurrence and penetration thereof into mold material; penetration of hard metal during shrinkage. On the basis of mathematical models the authors wrote computation computer programs and carried out experiments on checking the mathematical model of casting roughness occurence.
Results. The researchers obtained mathematical dependencies allowing to determine parameters influencing occurrence of scores on casting’s surface. The authors showed the interrelation between a score and a size of casting’s surface roughness before demolding. It is established that casting’s roughness occurrence during die
casting takes place at the end of metal pouring.
Conclusions. The conducted research allows not just to quantitatively estimate the influence of the known ways of score prevention, but also to display the possibility of using new approaches (for example, vibration).
casting, score, surface roughness, metal mold casting, physical and mathematical model.
1. Tomlenov A. D. Teoriya plasticheskogo deformirovaniya metallov [Theory of metal plastic deformation]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1972, 408 p.
2. Alekseev N. M., Kragel'skiy I. V. Issledovaniya po tribotekhnike: tr. spetsialistov SSSR i GDR [Research in tribo-engineering: USSR and GDR experts’ works]. Moscow, 1975, pp. 5–18.
3. Arkhipov N. O., Semushkin A. V. Modeli, sistemy, seti v ekonomike, tekhnike, prirode i obshchestve [Models, systems, networks in economics, engineering, nature and society]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2012, pp. 87–92.
4. Flemings M. Protsessy zatverdevaniya: per. s angl. [Solidification: translation from English]. Moscow: Mir, 1977, 424 p.
5. Rabinovich B. V. Vvedenie v liteynuyu gidravliku [Introduction into casting hydraulics].Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1966, 424 p.
6. Belopukhov A. K. Tekhnologicheskie rezhimy lit'ya pod davleniem [Technological modes of die casting]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985, 272 p.
7. Semushkin A. V., Zelenov V. N. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Mashinostroenie [University proceedings. Mechanical engineering]. 1993, no. 3–5, pp. 86–91.
8. Borisov G. P. Davlenie v upravlenii liteynymi protsessami [Pressure in casting processes control]. Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1988, 272 p.